I started early this year on my speech for Lads to Leaders. I want to make sure to get the message just right. Even though I pray that it would be God's message and not mine, I want to make sure that all of the Word is presented right; that all of the analogies are understandable; that all of the words come from... conviction?
I really believe that the best speakers are ones that are actually and truly convicted of what they are speaking on. Uh oh. As I looked over my speech, I realized that I was speaking on one of the hardest topics I've ever dealt with personally: believing that God will always make a way. I believe He will; I do. But sometimes when the going gets tough, I can tend to forget everything and run for the hills.
Practice what you preach?
It's said that teachers will be judged more harshly than anyone else. I can understand that. If you're teaching the material, you should be applying it to yourself as well. You should be LIVING the curriculum. I realized that the topic of "God making a way" isn't the only thing I've taught on while struggling with either; I have taught on evangelism so much, and yet never seem to get it right myself. I want to serve God with everything I've got; why am I still not getting it right?
No one is above his master or teacher, but he, when he is fully trained, will be like his teacher.
That's amazing! And what better a master and teacher than God and Jesus? Jesus taught, and then He lived it. I'll never be at His level, but I find encouragement in the fact that He is willing to train me. After school sessions, extended day, summer school, the works; God will put in overtime for us to be "conformed to the image of His Son." That's what He called us for in the first place isn't it?
So I'm not perfect. But I'm in training. One degree of glory to another. 'Til we see Him as He is and then become like Him.
Thursday, June 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
L2L speeches are difficult to make right, and I sympathize with you. Good Luck!!!
L2L speeches are difficult to make right, and I sympathize with you. Good Luck!!!
L2L speeches are difficult to make right, and I sympathize with you. Good Luck!!!
Post a Comment