Tuesday, May 30, 2006

He Took My Place

For my head... my wicked head...
He took the punishment.
I have thought so many malicious, vile thoughts.
Yet He wore a crown of thorns; He was beaten with the reed about the face.
His head bled in place of my head.
Hallelujah.

For my hands... my wicked hands...
He took the punishment.
The things these hands have done; the evil they have committed, would only ensure that their reward is nothing but destruction.
But He took nails in His hands in place of my hands.
Hallelujah.

For my feet... my wicked feet...
He took the punishment.
The places that I have been; the sin I was swift to run to...
I deserve death.
But He took nails in His feet in place of my feet.
Hallelujah.

"But what about his heart? He is not pure! He is not worthy!"
And I hear Jesus say, "Enough!
Feel my side and know the spear;
I have paid in blood and water for all the wrong this man may have done."

Hallelujah. Hallelujah. Hallelujah...

No comments: