Today has been a little rough. I'm really confused about a lot of things. My feelings are a little hurt, and there's problems going on that I can't fix. Life can be overwhelming at times.
So I just couldn't help but think some today that I don't want to play anymore. Do you ever just get tired of the way things are going? Oh, Heaven is going to be so great. And I just want to go now. I don't want to cause damage leaving anyone behind. That's not my desire. But I'm just ready to be through with struggles and to embrace Jesus and eternity.
Paul wrestled with these thoughts in Philippians 1. He understood that death, for a Christian, just means entering into the greatest reward. And He was conflicted, then, as to whether or not He should remain in the flesh. But He noted that He needed to remain for the sake of the church. He really wanted to just go to Heaven, but there was work to be done.
I guess the message to me, then, is that as long as God chooses to keep me here, I'm here for a reason. When it's time to lay down my armor and come home, then He will call me. But He hasn't called yet, and that's because He obviously has some purpose for me. I don't know all of what it is, but I look forward to His revealing of His plan for me.
But that doesn't change the fact that I'm still a little homesick.
"Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be His people, and God Himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning nor crying nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away... And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp is the Lamb."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment