I read something last night at Guy's FAST. It's one of my all-time favorite passages in the Scripture, no matter the translation. But last night I read it from the New Living Translation. Now I'm not too big on taking it as literal Scripture, but I think paraphrase translations can certainly serve their purposes. They put the letters in more of a story form, which is how they were intended: to be read aloud in a group of Christians.
I want you to read this passage of Scripture and just really soak up the meaning:
38And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from his love. Death can't, and life can't. The angels can't, and the demons can't. Our fears for today, our worries about tomorrow, and even the powers of hell can't keep God's love away. 39Whether we are high above the sky or in the deepest ocean, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The Good News Point of the Day: God loves us without fail. God loves us unconditionally. Don't let anyone tell you that you can ever be separated from God's love. Sure, you can turn your back on His love, and not accept His love in your life, but He doesn't ever stop loving you because of that. He is the Father. Our Father. Your Father. My Father. He waits on the road for every prodigal son and daughter to turn back and run home into Dad's arms. He never leaves you nor forsakes you. He forgives you. He strengthens you. His priority is mercy; His passion is compassion. He desires for you to be with Him, and He was/is willing to pay the price for you to follow Him. God is love.
That's good news! That's the gospel message! Please don't take the "good" out of "Good News." God is love. Never forget.
No comments:
Post a Comment