Monday, July 17, 2006

"Love" is the Word

Camp was everything I needed and more. The mood is so spiritual at times that it is does take extra focus to really worship and pray in "spirit and truth," but overall, it is the most refreshing experience for my soul. We learned about 1 Corinthians 13 all week long. I thought, at first, that it wasn't going to be worth much. Stretching simple, nice little sayings like, "Love is patient, love is kind," into a week's worth of classes didn't sound appetizing. I was wrong. Love has always been such an enigma to me, but I learned more about it than I ever have before, and I'm thankful. I'm ready to choose to unconditionally love others, and love God.
Stacy, my sister, and David, now my brother, showed their love towards one another this past Saturday. They were married, taking vows to love and cherish one another for the rest of their lives. Greg Ashmore, the minister, read from 1 Corinthians 13. I just smiled as he did. I understood a little more of what it meant to love. I'm really ready to love someone special in such a holy way.
More than that, on Sunday, Perry read from 1 Corinthians 13 before the Lord's Supper. What greater love is there than the love that Jesus has for us, and has displayed for us in His dying on the cross. That is true love at its unadulterated, incorruptible finest.
Obviously, God has been teaching me a lot about love lately. I'm not going to ignore that; I realize it now as I'm typing. This Thursday I'm leaving for Honduras on a mission trip with TORCH Missions. I know God will teach me more and more about love there too. I will be given opportunities to love others and show them the love that God has for us. I cannot wait.
I'm so glad to learn of God's love for me. I love it when He opens my eyes to His might. My prayer is always, "Let me see Your glory." I'll never understand love that deep, but I love to marvel at His ways, despite the fact that they are higher than my own. I don't deserve a love that rich because my love for God is always lacking. But I'm going to try to love Him more.
"Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails."
True love. How sweet it is. Hallelujah!

No comments: